Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blue Cheese!

I seem to have recollections of liking blue cheese as a child. I have vague memories of going to visit Rodgers, and eating it with Chris. At the time, I was also on a schedule of getting two needles three times a week, to keep my allergies under control. As I grew, I somewhat outgrew my allergies. That is, until I went to high school, and they started construction. Going to school in that environment, had brought my allergies back with a vengeance. What brings seemingly meandering thoughts? I went out to dinner with my dear husband last night. I decided to try the veal cordon-blue. Not thinking things through, it did not occur to me that it had blue cheese in it (I know, the name says it all). I thought nothing of it until later in the evening, when I started to break out in hives. I know I have been told that cheese mold is close to penicillin, so I guess I have to pay more attention to what I eat. It sometimes amazes me, how seemingly small things can become big things, yet we take it for granted.

No comments: