Sunday, January 7, 2007

The North Pole

I had a little boy, who had a winter birthday. He wanted to play in the snow, but we had none. I thought and I thought, and got an idea. I covered the furniture with white sheets, and decorated with shiny snowflakes. After making scarves of scrap pieces of fleece (you have to bundle up to play in the snow), we flew to the North Pole to have a snow ball fight. We used white balloons that I had blown up previously. This was the favourite game of the day, and the kids kept coming back to it throughout the party. He had a white cake, upon which Ihad built an igloo and a snowman outof marshmallows. It was a great way to turn six, and was enjoyed greatly by all.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

Great imagination...sounds like fun! It's too bad we're not close enough to enjoy birthday parties and that sort of thing. I'm already looking forward to the boys birthday next month.