Sunday, February 25, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

As if this whole project isn't stressful enough, I broke my glasses on Thursday night. As I took them off, to get in the shower, I felt/heard a click (kinda both). Then the arm fell off in my hand. I called the optometrists office to see if they could order a new arm for me, but they said the model was probably discontinued. I guess they do that every 3 years. I had to go in to get a new eye exam. I got a sample pair of contacts, to see if I can wear them again (and because it was faster than glasses). I stopped wearing contacts a few years ago, because after getting a chemical burn in my eye, I kept getting eye infections. I haven't had one since the switch to glasses, so thought I would give it a try again. It all seems to have cleared up, and the contacts are fine. I have found that mascara gives me allergy type reactions in my eyes though (I learned this at Christmas). It seems to be an ongoing adventure as to what quirks my body develops next. I seem to struggle on occasion with fasting. It makes me light headed some months, and I have to break my fast early. What I thought was a latex allergy, turns out to be an allergy to the powder they line the gloves with. I just remind myself that my patriarchal blessing says my health will be one of my trials.

1 comment:

April said...

Sounds familiar as I get older!

I've been finding more and more allergies / reactions as the years go by.