Saturday, January 10, 2009

CRAZINESS!!!!

So... I went to the doctor before Christmas, because the orange spots around my eyes were starting to spread. I was very quickly told that they are cholesterol deposits. My doctor ordered blood work, and made a referral to another doctor. The good news is that the spots can be treated with lasers, or chemical peels, and I managed to lower my bad cholesterol to a normal range. The rest is leaving me a little stressed out. It turns out that my good cholesterol is very low. I now have to get a special ultrasound on my carotid arteries (neck), to check the levels of plaque build up. My doctor also orders ekg's when ordering blood work, and this one came back different from the last one. So, I now have to go for an ecg. I feel like I am falling apart, and part of me would like to just go back to my ignorant bliss, where my biggest concern was that I still have 20 pounds to lose. At this point that is the only one that I can do anything about. I will just have to continue to get my but out of bed, watch what I eat, and be consistent. For those who didn't already know, I committed to this back in September, and lost 22lbs between Sept. 29 and Dec. 13. We all got sick, and I had to stop for awhile (its hard to work out when you are coughing). I put 5 back on during the holidays, so that means I still have 15-20lbs. to lose. That will put me at 150-155lbs. Right about where I was in highschool.

I have also been looking at various cameras, and starting to decide what I want. We will definitely have one before Parker's baptism.

No comments: