Friday, September 2, 2011

ups and downs

The last two weeks have been full of ups and downs. I found out the painful way that I have an abscess tooth. It is no longer hurting or infected, but I find that I still have to be careful not to over stimulate the over sensitive nerve. I am now saving up, to get a root canal.
We went to Trenton, to our District Pioneer Days last Saturday. John and I were asked to do some cooking demonstrations. I was completely surprised to learn that they have a fire pit at their chapel. It is up the hill, at the back of the property, but I did not know you could do that. We were a complete hit. We made a pie, a stew and some fine cakes. They devoured them all. I borrowed clothes from our local fort, because none of mine were right for the time period. I curled the front of my hair in rag curls, and had several ringlets. We got asked a few times if we were supposed to be Joseph and Emma, so I guess we got the look right.
I am back to sewing, and realizing just how much work I have ahead of me. It is turning into quite the business. I have decided to start a new blog, focused on the sewing. We will see if I am able to keep it up. My new blog is astitchofhistory@blogspot.com.

No comments: