Thursday, October 20, 2011

The best turkey ever!

I know this is late, but this is about Thanksgiving. I have been wanting to cook a turkey in a pit for awhile now. We did it on Trek , but as a girl I was never involved with the actual pit, fire and cooking part. I have been trying to tell hubby that it would be fun to do at a reenactment, but he was extremely skeptical about how well it would work. He, however, is the one who decided we should do it for Thanksgiving. The afternoon got a bit hectic, so I only got pictures of the fire, and the pit after we buried the Turkey. I have however turned hubby into a believer. It was the best turkey I have ever cooked. add one more survival skill to my belt. We are even considering cooking turkey dinner for our entire regiment next thanksgiving, as the Americans always plan an event for that weekend.


No comments: