Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Slacking

I seem to always be slacking, when it comes to my blog. It is not that I am not doing anything, it is more often that I am so busy that I forget. I have been sewing like crazy, and trying to keep up with numerous orders. I even took pictures to show you what I have been up to. I finally transferred them onto my computer, and then tragedy struck. My computer crashed. I don't know how completely, but at this point I don't know if those pictures even exist anymore. I did manage to save several pictures, which were very critical that I not lose.

I have a very interesting order that I am working on. Our reenactment group has decided that they would like new regimental flags. Somewhere along the way, it was decided that I should do it. I do not completely understand how it happened, but I have the complete confidence of most of the men in the unit. This is a somewhat daunting task, as they are 6'x6' flags and hand embroidered. The Major made arrangements for a special trip for me, and he took John and I to the War Museum in Ottawa to see the originals. It was amazing to spend the time there. I was able to take detailed pictures and measurements of both flags, and they said they arrived here in 1811. I was there for 3 or so hours. The task the last few days, has been to project the pictures on the wall at full size, so I can make patterns of them.

All of this, is on top of three orders for Parks Canada, and several other orders for other groups. It is not that I am not interested in keeping you guys apprised of what we are up to, I have just been really busy. We think of you often.

No comments: