Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Calling

Today was a day of big change at church. I have been the Nursery Leader for the last two years. Today I was released from this calling, and called as the Relief Society President. It will be a big change from playing on the floor with the kids to addressing the needs of the sisters. I do have to say though that I am quite excited. The Visiting Teaching message this month is on Self Reliance. I felt that that was to be my focus with the women here, so it is going to be the theme for the year under this presidency. We had a previous president who felt this way, unfortunately the sisters were not ready to receive and accept this direction. I hope and pray that this time there may be some who are ready now, and that I may be directed in the best way to help them in the journey.

4 comments:

tractor-grandpa said...

I think you seem to be following in your mother's footsteps. You will do just fine. I am sure you can get those ladies convinced to do it because of the present economic situation.

five out east said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Whether it goes well or not, as long as I move with the spirit I will have no regrets. It helps that my counselors were in complete agreement with my direction, before we even met to talk about it.

The Piper Capers said...

Congrats on the new calling, I have no doubt you'll do very well. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, just look at Grandma J and your mom. I really like the being self-reliant message - so many of us need it. Really enjoy your posts!!

Proud Granny said...

You'll do fine! We all need a little tough love from time to time and self-reliance is always a good place to start.