Sunday, January 17, 2010

Quite a week

It has been a week of discomfort for me this week. On Tuesday I found out I had my first kidney stone. I spent six hours in emergency, and luckily passed the stone before I left. To be honest it was not all bad, it gave me six hours to get some hand sewing done. I altered my stays for Rev War, so I can do them up myself while I was there. Unfortunately that was not to be the end. I had two more stones this week. Hopefully that will be the end, but if not I may have to go to the doctor.
It was my first official week acting as Relief Society President. We had a very productive first meeting, and found that having counselors who are supportive makes it easier to plan. I spoke briefly with the District RS Pres., and she is also pleased with our planned direction. I think that this may be the year that the sisters accept the counsel to become self reliant.

1 comment:

tractor-grandpa said...

OUCH!!!!
It sounds like you are on the right track with the RS. I knew you could do it because you are your mother's daughter and the training she gave you behind you to help you do the job. I'm glad to hear you have supportive councilors also. Now get out there and lead them to the right actions and activity.